Mustang Short Trekking, also known as Jomsom and Muktinath Trek, is located in the Annapurna region north of Pokhara, Nepal. The most dramatic views of the highest peak from the closest distance, as well as a unique culture and religious beliefs, may be found here. The Jomsom to Muktinath Trek begins in Beni with a hard ascent up the Kaligandaki valley and through the world’s deepest gorge, “at DANA,” all the way to the Trans Himalaya Tibetan plateau through rhododendron trees. Trekking in Jomsom and Muktinath will introduce you to a distinct culture of people who still follow their ancient traditions.
Jomsom Muktinath Trekking begins at Jomsom after a 20-minute scenic flight from Pokhara, followed by a journey to the religious site Muktinath via Kagbeni, Jharkot, while experiencing Tibetan culture and lifestyle. You have a beautiful mystical scenery with stunning views of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Mt. Nilgiri, Tukuche Peak, and several other peaks that appear magically before your eyes during sunrise and dusk.
- Located in the Annapurna region at Mustang districts, north of Pokhara.
- This trip is famous for the Muktinath temple situated at 3,800m.
- Offers you magnificent sunrises and sunsets above breathtaking views of the entire Annapurna range.
- Walkthrough the Kali Gandaki Holy River has cut the world's deepest gorge at Dana (1450m).
- Hindu and Buddhist pilgrim’s site in Muktinath sacred 108 water spouts to wash out their bad karma.
- Saligram (fossils) can be found on the riverbank of Kaligandaki, incarnations of the God Vishnu.
- Jwala Mai Temple with an eternal flame fed by natural underground called Real goddess.