A walk to Gosaikunda’s Holy Glacial Lake is designed for those interested in classic mountain hikes and experiencing the Himalaya. Gosaikunda Lake (4380m) is a Hindu pilgrimage destination recognized for its religious significance. Hindus throng to the spot around Janai Purnima in August. Gosainkunda lake is elevated at an altitude of 4380 meters at the top of the Himalayas and it is the origin of the River Trisuli. The Gosainkunda lake has a very big religious belief among the Hindu and Buddhist people. The Gosainkunda Lake is very popular for Nepali devotees too. Every year in (Janaipurnima), Nepali festival thousands of the Nepali people come to take the bath in the holy lake Gosainkunda and get salvation. The Gosainkunda lake trek is incredibly beautiful to see the Langtang Himalayan range, Manaslu, and Ganesh Himal too.
The first few days are spent hiking through the forests until you reach Cholang Pati, where you can see the towering Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal, and Annapurna in the distance. Spend the night at one of Lauribinayek’s tea houses, then get up early the next morning to climb up to the lakes. Return to Dhunche and Kathmandu the following days.
- Explore the beauty of sacred lakes - Gosaikunda, Bhairav Kunda, Saraswati Kunda and more
- Panoramic view of mountains like Langtang Lirung(7,234m), Langtang Ri(7,205m), Ganesh Himal(7,422m), and many other small peaks
- Home to different endangered species like Red Panda, Snow leopard and more
- Accommodation in traditionally-built teahouses
- Close Encounter with the lifestyle of Himalayas